There is overwhelming evidence that taking a high quality probiotic preparation is beneficial in food allergy | intolerance
Good bugs in your gut
The colon (also known as the large bowel) is a very important organ. It is teaming with bacteria (bugs). The skin (the mucosa) that lines your colon does not get enough blood supply to nourish itself. The large bowel fluid contains lots of different nutrients. These include: growth factors, vitamins, and antioxidants. Many of these nutrients are actually produced by friendly and protective bugs. Another name for these friendly bacteria is “probiotics”.
Good bugs are called “probiotics”
- Helps switch off eczema
- Helps with Traveller’s diarrhoea
- Reduces antibiotic-associated diarrhoea.
- May benefit colitis.
- In children’s diarrhoea, it reduces the severity and the duration of the attack.
- Has beneficial effects on intestinal immunity.
- Stimulates local release of interferon.
“What you eat and drink, shapes your life”
The dietary fibres and complex proteins in your diet are the building blocks that are used to make some of the nutrients for your colon. This is why fibre is so good for us. Fibre is found especially in whole fruits, vegetables and grains. The more processed the food, the less the fibre.
Foods that get to your colon do not get digested properly by your upper gut. These fibres help grow the friendly bugs in your gut. It is recommended that a minimum of 10% of ingested calories and about 20% of the food volume should be “colonic food” of fibre.
Probiotics such as Lactobacillus
Fibre and lactobacillus keep you healthy
- preserve key nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants
- eliminate toxic components from food
- protects food from intestinal decay
- helps get rid of bad bugs.
Recommendation: Take a probiotic supplement each day.
In our Clinic we currently use Polybac8. Which contains
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Lactobacillus plantarum
- Lactobacillus casei
- Bifidobacterium lactis
- Bifidobacterium longum
- Lactobacillus salivarius
- Streptococcus thermophilus
This needs to be taken for years