Dr Ford explains about the eClinic
Dr Rodney Ford can help you. He is a medical doctor and food allergy specialist. He has spent years setting up the eClinic so that he can give you immediate on-line help (for a small fee of US$9.99).
On-going common symptoms
If you/ your children have chronic symptoms such as:
- Eczema (itchy and scratchy skin)
- Tummy troubles (gastric reflux, sore tummies, diarrhoea, constipation, bloating)
- Brain things (being cranky, irritable and behavior troubles)
... then think about maybe it’s: a food allergy | a food intolerance | a gluten reaction.
eClinic will help you get diagnosed
After decades in the food allergy business, I have found that many health professionals are not confident to make a food-related diagnosis. So the eClinic is designed to help you take the next steps in finding out if you might have a food allergy | food intolerance | celiac disease | gluten sensitivity.
The process - all you have to do is as follows:
- Just put in your symptoms (on your computer keyboard) when you get asked your questions (There could be up to a 100 questions or more - this depends on how many symptoms and food issues you have)
- You get an immediate 'eReport' from the eClinic to take to your own doctor.
- Your doctor can read it with you, and help you organize any tests that you might need.
- Later (in a few weeks), when you have your tests results, you put these results into the computer. This gives you another detailed eReport: your specific interpretation of those blood test results ... and specific suggestions of you what you can do to get better again.
Good value for money
Most people say it is great value for money (only US$9.99). Compared to a private consultation that will cost about $300.
So the eClinic costs less that 4% (a saving of over 95%).
- Also, you get your own individualized medical recommendations to diagnose and manage possible food allergy | intolerance | gluten and celiac issues.
- Also, once you have completed the eClinic, Dr Ford also offers limited discussions by email and on facebook.
- Or, you can buy our informative books and ebooks.
- Or, you can buy our ebooks about food allergy/ intolerance) for just $4.95 each (these are FREE when you go through the eClinic)
People find it useful
We have already helped a lot of people work out if their symptoms might be from a food allergy | intolerance.
Read what they have written about their experience with the eClinic.
You too can get our help to make your own diagnosis online.
What are Dr Ford’s Qualifications?
Associate Professor, Former (University of Otago, Christchurch School of Medicine).
- MD (Doctorate in Medicine) 1982. MD Thesis: Ford RPK. "Food hypersensitivity in children: Diagnostic approaches to milk and egg hypersensitivity." MD Thesis NSWU.
- FRACP (Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians - in Paediatrics) 1981.
- MB BS (Honours, NSWU, Australia) 1972.
- ASM (Accredited Speaker Member of the National Speakers Association, NZ).
Specialist Paediatrician, Gastroenterologist, Allergist and Nutrition Consultant.
Director of "Children's Clinic and Allergy Centre", Christchurch, New Zealand.
Director of the eClinic Project.
Director of the Doctor Gluten Project.
Author on food and nutrition issues.
Benefits, value and guarantee
"Thanks for the eClinic. It's marvellous having such a useful resource that's backed by so much hard research and experience. We might make some progress at last." Thanks. Andrew.
- Expert opinion on-line
- No waiting list (immediate expert allergy/ intolerance help)
- Specific guidance for diagnosis and management
- Recommendations about specific tests (what tests to get)
- Interpretation of specific tests results (exactly what they mean).
- Your detailed allergy eReport makes it easy to discuss specific allergy/intolerance issues with your health provider.
A face-to-face allergy consultation usually costs about $300.
Your visit to the eClinic is around 10% of the cost.
A saving of over $250.
How much does it cost?
The fee is US$9.99/per person for a 3-month period.
- It is a 3-month subscription – you can return to the eClinic as many times as you want during the 3 months of your active subscription. This time limit is to make sure that the symptoms and the test results are in the same time frame. However, even after your subscription has expired, you can still view and print your Allergy Profiles and Test Results at any time. If you need an extension of time, please let us know.
What you get
- A 3-month subscription for only US$9.99
- Individualised virtual eClinic consultation management advice
- Expert interpretation of blood tests and skin tests.
- Full access to all of the eClinic “InfoLinks” (now available in an eBook).
- Participation in Dr Ford’s “Forum” through facebook – Where you can ask Dr Ford your specific questions.
- Access to Dr Ford’s research papers and articles.
- We guarantee the eClinic Process. If you are dissatisfied with the level of guidance given through the eClinic, then we offer you a money-back-guarantee (we will ask you to describe your dissatisfaction, so that we can learn to give an even better experience for other people).
- Dr Ford is a fully qualified Paediatric Allergy and Gastroenterology Specialist, he holds a current “Practicing Certificate” from the Medical Council of New Zealand, and he holds current membership of the “Royal Australasian College of Physicians” (FRACP).
What is an eClinic “InfoLink”?
There are thousands of pieces of information on this eClinic website. It can be overwhelming. To make the information relevant to your individual needs, Dr Ford has arranged his advice in the form of “InfoLinks”. When he gives his opinion or interpretation, he has linked this to more in-depth articles that you can read by just a click (follow the hyperlink). To help you even more, he has also collected all of these “InfoLinks” together in his eBook: Food Allergies: What Symptoms? http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/135697
Why set up the eClinic?
Dr Ford has set up the eClinic for people who are unable to see him (for geographical and/ or financial reasons). It is impossible for Dr Ford to see everyone who wants to see him face-to-face. There just isn’t the time in the day. So the only practical solution is this eClinic. About 25% of people have some sort of allergy or intolerance - they need expert help.
10% of the world (half a billion people), or more, are adversely affected by The Gluten Syndrome; but they are unaware of it. The eClinic Project is to awaken these people to their illness and offer them a solution. All of these people need this information – but accurate medical help is often not available locally. The eClinic is to inform the world about: Food Allergy | Food Intolerance | The Gluten Syndrome. To help these hundreds of millions of people at last feel well again. The only way to achieve this is through cyberspace.
The eClinic process
The process takes you through a number of easy steps.
- You register & make your payment (The eClinic costs US$9.99 for a 3-month subscription).
- You answer a series of detailed questions about your symptoms and foods.
- Get your individual specific recommendations from Dr Ford (this is in the form of your "Allergy Profile eReport”).
- Take your “Allergy Profile eReport” to your health professional for a consultation to arrange your physical examination and any recommended diagnostic tests or treatment.
- Once your tests have been done, return to the eClinic to enter all of your test results into the "Test Results” section. This gives you Dr Ford’s personal interpretation and opinion on the meaning of your test results.
- Get updated individual guidance on treatment and management (which depends on your symptoms and test results).
- Take the up-dated “Allergy Profile eReport” back to your health practitioner for another consultation to carry out the next steps of your management.
- Revisit the eClinic whenever you need.
- Download any relevant management information for the website (click on the hyperlinks).
- Join up your other family members if appropriate.
Who should go to the eClinic?
If you have any symptoms on “The Big List”, then the eClinic can help you with diagnosis and management. You should go to the eClinic if you want help to unravel your on-going health problems.
The most common symptoms of food allergy | intolerance are:
Huge numbers of people have undiagnosed food allergy/intolerance and gluten sensitivity/ intolerance. The eClinic can help you work out whether you also might have a problem.
- Eczema/ rashes
- Tummy pain/ bloating
- Constipation/ diarrhoea
- Irritability/ tiredness
- Learning problems/ behaviour issues
- Do you think there is something wrong with your child - but you do not know what?
- Does your child (or you) have symptoms – but you are unsure what to do next?
- Do you suspect a food allergy/intolerance - but do not know how to get qualified and knowledgeable medical help?
How your doctor is involved
Your own health practitioner has a central role in the eClinic Process.
The eClinic does not have any patients, it only can give advice that you and your own health professional can follow, if appropriate. When you have done your eClinic consultation, you get your "Allergy Profile eReport". You are asked to take this to your own doctor/health professional who can then assist you with the treatment of your problems.
You own health practitioner will need help with:
- Getting your physical examination.
- Organising the recommended blood tests and/or skin prick tests.
- Arranging any special milk formulas.
- Having appropriate medications prescribed.
- Organising any X-rays or endoscopy.
- Referral to any relevant specialists or dieticians.
You might like to ask your doctor to help you enter the blood tests results into “Test Results” at the eClinic. The eClinic concept is to give Dr Ford's specialist paediatric and allergy advice through your medical practitioner.
Why you can trust Dr Ford
- Dr Rodney Ford is a Paediatric Specialist, Gastroenterologist and Nutrition Consultant. He has 30 years of experience in working in clinics in general paediatrics, gastroenterology and food intolerance/allergy. He is a world authority on the Gluten Syndrome. He is the medical brains behind the eClinic Project.
- His patients at his “Children’s Clinic and Allergy Centre, in Christchurch, New Zealand, highly respect his caring and management of their children.
- He has extensively published and presented on the areas of nutrition, food allergy, gluten sensitivity, celiac disease, the gluten syndrome, and eczema.
- Dr Ford has also pioneered work in cot death (SIDS), breastfeeding, smoking cessation in pregnancy and apnoea.
- Dr Ford, with Chris Ford and Liz Fazakarley, have written many books on food allergy, gluten and nutritional health to inform on the adverse affects of food on our health. These books are easy to read and extremely informative.
- He is the first to describe The Gluten Syndrome.
- Dr Ford has now created the eClinic so that he can help and benefit even more people.
If you have any questions that I have not answered, then please feel free to contact me.
Cheers Dr Rodney Ford.